March 15th 2020
What we collect
We collect certain information or data about you when you use www.canineconfidenceacademy.com.
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address, if you contact Canine Confidence.
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts, and
- how you use our emails - for example whether you open them and which links you click on, your IP address, and
- details of which version of web browser you used as well as information on how you use the site, by using cookies and page tagging techniques.
This data can be viewed by authorised people in Canine Confidence and our suppliers, to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us.
Where your information is stored
We store your information, whenever possible, on secure servers in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Some of our suppliers (notably New Kajabi, which hosts our courses and email lists and Stripe and Paypal, which process payments) are based outside the EEA and therefore your information may be accessed outside the EEA. We have strict controls over how and why your information can be accessed.
When you sign up to our email alerts
We use New Kajabi for our email alerts.
New Kajabi has staff based outside the EEA, and stores your data securely on servers in the US. When you sign up to our email alerts, you agree to your data being stored in this way.
As a subscriber to our email alerts, we may contact you from time to time to ask for your feedback on how to improve our email alert service.
We will continue to send you email newsletters and alerts until you tell us not to or use the unsubscribe option on any of our emails.
Keeping your information secure
We have procedures and security features in place to keep your information is secure once we receive it. This is detailed in our Data Protection and Security Policy.
Disclosing your information
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
If you’ve signed up for email alerts, you can unsubscribe or change your settings at any time.
Janet Finlay is a sole trader operating under the name Canine Confidence. Our address is 23 Warkworth Drive, Pegswood, Morpeth, NE61 6TD.
This policy will be updated from time to time so please check it to see the latest update. The date at the top of the page will be updated whenever there is an update.